Conventional / Organic / Pharmaceutical 100% pure and natural, Geranium essential oil comes from an incredibly popular medicinal herb. So much so that in Bulgaria, Geranium macrorrhizum is a wild plant which goes by the name “Zdravets”.
In Bulgarian, this simply means “health”.
The pharmaceutical-grade Geranium essential oil we produce at Galen-N is 100% pure and organic. It is sourced entirely from the crops in our own fields and produced via a process of steam distillation in our own distillery before being tested in our own laboratories.
Obtained from the fresh ground part of the wild plant Zdravetz (Geranium macrorrhizum) through steam distillation.
Why source Geranium essential oil from Galen-N?
When you buy wholesale from Galen-N, you are getting a Geranium essential oil you can track from plant in the soil to the sample you have in your hand.
- Get shipment by air, land and sea for large quantities
- Request secure courier delivery for smaller quantities
- Get a small sample free of charge
- Order CoA, MSDS and specifications for all products
- Rely on a quality which meets GMP, REACH and ISO:9001 standards
Technical specifications of this product according to the Bulgarian State Standard:
The major component of this oil is the germacrone, as well as the stearates and sesquiterpene ketones, sesquiterpene hydrocarbons, alcohols and monoterpene compounds.
Azulenes are responsible for giving the oil its green colour.
Appearance: Fluid liquid above the congealing point
Color: Pale Green
Odor: Typical of Bulgarian Geranium (Zdravets) Oil
Content of Microcompounds, % (by Gas – Chromatography)
– Germacrone 50,00 – 55,00
– Geraniol 6,83 – 20,70
Physical and Chemical Properties
|1||Density d2020||0,9380 – 0,9680|
|2||Refraction number n20d||1,5003 – 1,5189|
|3||Freezing point, °C||22 – 34|
|4||Acid number, mg KOH/g||max 3,0|
|5||Ester value, mg KOH/g||7 (equivalent to 2% bound alcohols such as geraniol) – 15 (equivalent to 75% bound alcohols such as geraniol)|
|6||Ester value after acetylization, mg KOH/g||25 (equivalent to 4,83% free alcohols such as geraniol) – 55 (equivalent to 13,20% free alcohols such as geraniol)|
|7||Total alcohols such as geraniol, %||6,83 – 20,70|
|7||Content of stearoptene, %||41,70 – 52,80|
Applications of Bulgarian Geranium oil
Bulgarian Geranium essential oil (Zdravets oil) is used in various industries.
It is highly valued, especially for its bleaching properties and for its effects when used to clear pigmentation spots on the face and the skin. It is also used for wrinkle treatment, particularity around the area of the eyes.
- Perfumery and fragrance industry – used in various perfume compositions and fragrances.
- Cosmetics industry – widely used in cosmetics for creams, lotions and shampoos.
- Aromatherapy, spa and wellness – used in various products for its relaxing effect.
- Pharmaceutical industry – Zdravets oil is reputed in Bulgaria for its strong aphrodisiac properties. It is also known as a treatment for hypertension and for its anti-catarrh, anti-infectious, antispasmodic, carminative, diaphoretic, febrifuge, antidepressant, sedative and stimulating properties.
- Medical care – this essential oil lowers the blood pressure, lowers the level of blood sugar in diabetics, relieves PMT and menopausal symptoms, stimulates the blood vessels and relieves insomnia and fatigue.
- Food and beverage industry – found in soft drinks, sauces, tea and many other products.
Get a free sample
- Tell us about your requirements – how much of the product will you eventually need? What kind of company do you operate?
- Get free delivery – by FedEx or DHL.
- Test your free sample – we provide 1-2 gram amounts for you to test.
Request a free quote
Contact us today and let us know much Geranium essential oil you need shipped from Bulgaria to wherever you are in the world.
You will be able to get a free, no-obligation quote on your requirements right away.
- we ship worldwide
- different payment methods
- all shipping documentation
- laboratory analysis for every batch
- order samples before buying