Galanthamine hydrobromide (sometimes spelled Galantamine) is an alkaloid which we extract from our fields of Leucojum aestivum plants – otherwise known as summer snowflakes – in the hills of Bulgaria.
We produce a pure, pharmaceutical-grade version of this alkaloid for companies in the medical industry and sell it wholesale internationally. It is used in the production of oral medicines and for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease and other memory impairments.
If you need a bulk source of Galantamine which is 100% traceable from plant to product, with all production accomplished in-house, you’ve come to the right place…
Product details: Galanthamine HBr.
Expiry term: 3 years after the product should be retested
Product specification: View
Packaging: Fiber drum : 1,5,10 and 25 kg
Shipping: International Commercial Terms 2010. We work with DHL and TNT.
Why choose Galen-N?
- REACH, GMP and ISO:9001 standards met
- The strictest Quality Control measures
- Sustainable production methods
- Multiple direct shipping options available
- A reliable manufacturer known worldwide
Technical specifications of this product according to the Bulgarian State Standard:
EP – DMF/ CEP
Physicochemical Indices of the Finished Product
17Moulds and yeast (number/g)not more than 10-218Enterobacteriaceae, Ps. aerguinosa, St. aureusnot allowed
|1||Appearance||fine crystalline powder|
|2||Color||white or almost white|
|4||Identity||color reaction – according to the test.2.3|
|in water||poorly soluble|
|in 95% alcohol||practically insoluble|
|in chloroform||practically insoluble|
|in ether||practically insoluble|
|6||Specific rotation [α]20D solution with concentration of 2.0 g/100 ml (°)||from -90.0° to -100.0°|
|7||Color solution (1,0 g / 100,0 ml)||colorless, according to the test 2.5|
|8||Clearing of solution (1,0 g / 100,0 ml)||clear, according to the test 2.6|
|9||Acidity or Alkalinity||according to the test 2.7|
|10||Sulphate ash (%)||not more than 1.0|
|11||Heavy metal content, ppm||not more than 20.0|
|12||Weight loss on drying, %||not more than 1.0|
|13||Related sudstances, %|
|Impurity A||not more than 0.60|
|Impurity E||not more than 0.15|
|Unspecified impurity||not more than 0.10|
|Total||not more than 1.0|
|14||Galanthamine bromide content (%) By HPLC||min 99.0|
|16||Total microorganisms (number/g)||not more than 10-3|
Applications of Galanthamine
We act as bulk producer and exporter of organic products like this to companies which usually use it to produce medication. In this case, the treatment of mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease and various other memory impairments, in particular those of vascular origin.
This is because:
- Galanthamine belongs to class of medications called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. It works by increasing the amount of certain natural substances in the brain needed for memory and thought.
- Galanthamine may improve the ability to think and remember or slow the loss of these abilities in people who have AD. Cholinesterase inhibitors inhibit (block) the action of acetylcholinesterase, the enzyme responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine.
- By blocking the enzyme that destroys acetylcholine, Galanthamine increases the concentration of acetylcholine in the brain. This increase is believed to be responsible for the improvement in thinking.
Get a free quote and Galantamine sample
Get in touch with us today and tell us about your needs. We are happy to provide:
- A free quote: all you need to do is tell us about your quantity requirements.
- A free sample: tell us about your company and get a 1-2 gram sample delivered.
Contact us now to arrange either or to get a free, no-obligation quote. You can reach us by phone or online at any time.
- we ship worldwide
- different payment methods
- all shipping documentation
- laboratory analysis for every batch
- order samples before buying