Esculin / Aesculin is a coumarin derivative which we extract from the bark of our groves of South European Flowering Ash trees in Bulgaria.
The bark of the Fraxinus ornus tree can then be dried and this extract from it used for many of the same purposes as Vitamin P. This can involve the creation of medicines with venotonic, capillary-strengthening and antiphlogistic properties.
Whatever you need to buy Esculin wholesale for, if you need to be able to track the quality of the product you are ordering from tree to the table in front of you, Galen-N is the manufacturer for you.
Product details: Esculine
Expiry term: after 3 years after the product should be retested
Product specification: View
Packaging: Fiber drum : 1,5,10 and 25 kg
Shipping: International Commercial Terms 2010. We work with DHL and TNT.
Get a free sample first
- Request a free 1-2 gram sample of Esculin / Aesculin.
- Have it sent by express courier directly to you.
- All we need are a few details about your company and final order.
- There is no obligation to buy from us.
- we ship worldwide
- different payment methods
- all shipping documentation
- laboratory analysis for every batch
- order samples before buying
Technical specifications of this product according to the Bulgarian State Standard:
The drug is a product of a coumarin derivative extracted from the bark of flowering ash (Fraxinus ornus).
Esculin substance is used for manufacturing pharmaceuticals with venotonic, capillary-strengthening and antiphlogistic action, with similar action to that of vitamin P. It is excellent for treatment of internal and external hemorrhoids and varicose veins. The Esculin is also used in the diagnostic laboratories.
EP, PH.F -– DMF/ CEP
It is a coumarin glucoside obtained from hydro alcohol extraction of flowering ash bark (Fraxinus ornus)
|MOLECULAR MASS:||340.28 (anhydrous substance)|
|367.31 (of crystalline water)|
Physicochemical Indices of the Finished Product
17 Moulds and yeast (number/g)not more than 10-218Enterobacteriaceae, Ps. aerguinosa, St. aureusnot allowed
|2||Color||white to light-creamy|
|5||Melting temperature (ºC)||approximately 240.0 (with disintegration)|
|6||Successive melting temperatures (ºC)||155.0; 204.0; 212.0|
|in water (20ºC)||poorly soluble|
|in alcohol (20ºC)||poorly soluble|
|in methanol (20ºC)||poorly soluble|
|in hot alcohol||soluble|
|in hot methanol||soluble|
|in hot pyridine||soluble|
|in hot dioxane||soluble|
|8||Moisture content according to K. Fisher (%)||6.50 – 8.0|
|9||Sulfate ash (%)||not more than 0.1|
|10||Heavy metals content (%)||not more than 0.004|
|11||Limpidity of solution||need not meet standard No 5|
|12||Specific rotation (º)
(2% solution of anhydrous esculin (wt/v) in 50% dioxane solution)
|from -84.0 to -87.0|
|13||Extinction coefficient (µm)
(0.0015% solution in methanol)
|from 0.340 to -0.360|
|14||Particle size (µm)||min 95.0 – 180.0|
|15||Esculin content calculated as dry substance||not less than 98.0|
|16||Total microorganisms (number/g)||not more than 10-3|
Applications of Esculin
We are the bulk producer and exporter used by companies in a wide range of industries who need a trusted and reliable source of Esculin:
- Microbiology industry – used in laboratory settings for the identification of bacterial species (especially Enterococci and Listeria). In fact, all strains of Group D Streptococci hydrolyse.
- Cosmetics industry – Esculin is used in cosmetics for anticellulite creams, lotions and others.
- Pharmaceutical industry and medical care – Esculin has venotonic, capillary-strengthening and antiphlogistic properties. It is also excellent for the treatment of internal and external haemorrhoids and varicose veins. Plus, it acts as a superb tanning agent and is therefore suitable for oral care against cavities and tooth decay.
Fully traceable – from tree to your table
All of our products are sourced via our wholly in-house processes and facilities:
- Own fields and crop plantations
- Own production facilities and distillery
- Own laboratory and testing facilities
- Own warehouses and secured logistics
Get a free quote
Find out precisely how much your order will cost you today.
Contact us at your convenience to get a free, no-obligation quote on the quantity of Esculin you need shipped quickly and conveniently from Bulgaria to your location.