Conventional / Organic / Pharmaceutical 100% pure and natural oil (Linalool Type), obtained from water – steam distillation of fresh basil leaves (Ocimum basilicum)This oil is clear liquid with light lemon to bright yellow-green color and strong sweet flavor with slight anise spice. Basil oil, which is produced in Bulgaria, is believed to be of highest quality and with excellent fragrance.
The basil essential oil we produce comes directly from our herb fields in Bulgaria. The oil produced in this part of the country is known for both its quality and its fragrance.
Typically clear with a light lemon to bright yellow-green colour, the liquid has a strong, sweet scent with a slight touch of anise.
Entirely sourced from our own fields, the fresh Ocimum basilicum leaves are steam distilled in our own distillery in order to produce this 100% pure and natural organic product.
Get a free sample today
- Contact us! Tell us about your company and your expected quantities for final purchase.
- Get free delivery! We ship via DHL and FedEx to anywhere in the world.
- Test your sample! We provide 1-2 gram samples of basil essential oil – or any other product.
- Place your order! We respond very quickly to any and all enquiries.
Technical specifications of this product according to the Bulgarian State Standard:
Basil oil is effective for colds and flu and associated with them fever, many respiratory problems as well. Has carminative properties, helps digestion, stimulates appetite, constipation is efficient and eliminates bloating.
The essential oil can have both relaxing and slightly stimulating effect on the nervous system, is used to relieve stress, anxiety or tension.
Basil oil has antimicrobial properties. It is a good source of vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium.
Appearance: easy flowing clear liquid
Color: yellow to yellow – green, Pale Yellow
Odor: typical of basil
Physical & Chemical Properties of our Basil Essential Oil
|1||Density d2020||0,8700 – 0,9000|
|2||Refraction number n20d||1,4650 – 1,4800|
|3||Rotation of polarization plane, αD, degrees||minus 8,5 – minus 17,5|
|4||Solubility in 80% ethanol||1 volume of essential oil produces a clear solution with max 1 volume of ethanol|
|5||Acid number, mg KOH/g||max 4,0|
|6||Ester value, mg KOH/g||4,0 – 15,0|
|7||Content of typical components, %|
|Linalool||50,0 – 70,0|
|Limonene||5,0 – 7,0|
|Methylcinnamate||1,5 – 3,0|
|Methylhavicol||0,5 – 1,5|
|8||Flash point, °C||72|
Linalool, geraniol, methylhavicol, citronnelol, bornyl acetate, nerol, eugenol, limonene, etc.
|Expiry term||36 months from the date of manufacture|
|Packing||200 litters barrels according to the BDS ISO/R210|
|Storage||in dry and dark cool rooms at temperature max 20°C|
How to order from Galen-N?
Contact us now. We respond quickly to all enquiries – and will be glad to give you a free, no-obligation quote on the quantity of Bulgarian basil oil you need.
Our pure organic products can be tracked from our fields through our distillery to your door. We stand fully behind the quality of our ISO:9001, REACH and GMP-approved practices.
To learn more, get in touch today.
- we ship worldwide
- different payment methods
- all shipping documentation
- laboratory analysis for every batch
- order samples before buying
Applications of Bulgarian Basil Oil
Basil oil is an effective treatment for the symptoms of colds and flu, fever and many respiratory problems too.
Because it can have both a relaxing and lightly stimulating effect on the nervous system, it is often used to relieve stress, anxiety or tension in aromatherapy.
- Pharmaceutical industry – in addition to the above, basil oil has immuno-modulatory, antioxidant, anti-hyperglycemic, hypolipidemic, anti-herpes Simplex Virus, anti-inflammatory, hepato-protective and Lipid Peroxidation effects. It also functions as an insect repellent and has larvicidal, antifungal, antimutagenic, antiarrhythmic, depigmenting, antitoxic and antimicrobial effects.
- Medical care – basil oil has antimicrobial properties as well as being a good source of vitamin A, magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium. It is also used in medical care for its carminative properties and because it helps digestion and stimulates appetite. It is efficient against constipation, eliminates bloating and can relieve stress, anxiety or tension.
- Perfumery and fragrance industry – various perfume compositions and fragrances.
- Cosmetics industry – widely used in cosmetic creams and lotions.
- Aromatherapy, spa and wellness – in various products for its relaxing effect.
- Cleaning – in cleaning agents, equipment and supplies for cleaning.
- Food and beverage industry – basil is widely used in cuisines around the world.